Five Pieces You Should Steal From Your Boyfriend’s Closet
Jot down our picks for the top five pieces that you should definitely steal from your boyfriend’s closet (or any random man friend in Kirsten’s case) along with our five picks of what you should stay away from.
- His Plain white T –shirt: A little oversized but not too baggy, this looks especially good with a skirt and blazer for an effortless business casual look. Go the extra step and add a statement necklace to spice things up (James Perse V-Neck Cotton-Jersey T-Shirt, photo courtesy of mrporter.com).
- His Button-down shirt: Sure, he will find it sexy if that is all you are wearing but tuck it into a skirt or jean shorts for a relaxed/preppy look (Burberry Brit Bright Indigo Check Shirt, photo courtesy of stylebop.com).
- His Watch: A chunky watch looks good with any outfit, especially with other bracelets stacked with it (Marc by Marc Jacobs Men’s Stainless Steel Brushed Rose Gold Watch, 46mm, photo courtesy of Bloomingdales.com).
- His Oversize sweater: These are the best for those chilly winter nights (or brisk Malibu evenings, in our case) over leggings but still looks good worn with a pair of denim shorts during summer (J. Crew Cashmere V-neck sweater in heather navy, photo courtesy of jcrew.com).
- His Boxers: Not with an outfit, of course. Just to bed. And only if they are clean, duh. (J. Crew Blue tattersall boxers, photo courtesy of jcrew.com).
- His shoes: If you can wear those than that is a bit strange already. Find a women’s version of his Sperry’s, for example, then go for it.
- His Tie: Not that there is anything wrong with that Avril Levigne circa 2002 look if that is what you are going for.
- His socks: Ew.
- His shorts: Let’s be real. The bag-sag has never been in.
- Umm.. Well, I guess you should take more from his closet than you shouldn’t.